Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work 3 day (RQF)
This comprehensive three-day course covers a wider range of first aid emergencies than the standard EFAW 1 day course, enabling all participants to deal with emergency situations with more confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way.
This course will include any protocol changes that may have arisen since their last training course.
This course will give the participants a qualification to the highest level of First Aid, meeting the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course runs over 18 hours spread over at least 3 days - ideally three consecutive days, but we have the flexibility to accommodate your company specific needs so we can fit the training in around your business needs providing it is completed within 6 weeks of starting the course.
Minimum of 6 people required to run a course.
Who should attend?
• Anyone responsible for First Aid cover in Businesses with > 50 staff
• Larger or higher risk businesses need 1 FAW trained person for every 50 employees
• Sports Professionals and Personal Trainers (including Football Association, Rugby, Sailing, Hockey)
• Charities & Local Authorities
• Children & Youth organisations
• Builders & Construction
• Beauty, Retail & Hospitality
• Home Carers, Care Homes & Foster Carers needing a regulated qualification
• Health professionals
• Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
• Heart attacks
• Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
• Eye injuries
• Fractures and spinal injuries
• Control of bleeding
• Chest injuries
• Assessment of the situation
• Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
• Head injuries
• Sprains and strains
Ongoing practical assessments and practical written test ensures delegates receive a certificate which complies with all HSE guidelines valid for 3 years.
At the end of the three years they will need to sit the requalification course - if taken before the expiry of the old certificate (issued by us) is 2 days - a copy of the previous certificate is needed to validate this. If the certificate has expired the full 3 day course must be taken.